SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an Amp1 as mine is fried. If i don't have any luck I'll just send it to get repaired.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good luck man, I tried to get a used one two months ago, people will tell you they have one, then never get back to you. I sent mine off to saabradio. He did a great job, just know he won't tell you when/if he gets it. Also, it may take him three weeks to get it back to you.

I wish someone would have told me this when mine was busted. ;ol;

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i emailed him a few hours ago. What did he charge to fix it and did he actually repair it or just do a bypass?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It cost me $360 and he repaired it (not the bypass), with silicone protection. It's quality work, just don't expect to hear back until it's finished. I live in Alabama, so when I shipped it to NY and didn't hear anything back, I honestly thought I'd been ripped off.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn that is way more than i was expecting. I might as well just buy one off of ebay or look for people parting out cars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, it's steep, but I agree with his marketing. The silicone coating is going to protect it.

If I could've found a used one I wouldve bought it. The guys parting out cars were too lazy to take the seats out. Oh well! Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. it doesn't require taking seats out though, maybe they just don't have short enough screwdrivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts