Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new here and haven't been able to find a thread that helps me with my issue. I just bought my second saab 9-3 and am having issues with the back light on my radio controls not working. The radio works fine and during the day the display is visible (though barely) but at night all the buttons and display are too dark to see. The instrument display, hud, and automatic climate control backlights are all working fine. I am not sure if there is a fuse/bulb that could be the issue or if the entire unit needs to be replaced. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 Linear sedan, 2008 convertible
98 Posts
I would take a look at the control that adjusts the brightness of all of the dash illumination. Is it all the way up? Also does it seem to be working correctly with an even change in illumination as you change the setting? If that is working OK, kind of think it is the ICM ( The radio control unit)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would take a look at the control that adjusts the brightness of all of the dash illumination. Is it all the way up? Also does it seem to be working correctly with an even change in illumination as you change the setting? If that is working OK, kind of think it is the ICM ( The radio control unit)
Yes all of that works. Is it very involved process to replace the ICM unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.