SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
You're not alone; cars have turned into computer networks on wheels in the last twenty years...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'll look into getting a new cpu next month
Aren't your repair guys fixing the failed driver chip again? You might wait till you get your ECU back and see if they did a good repair on the second try. If it's a reputable shop and they just had the New Guy do your first repair, odds are they'll get it right the second time. They don't like to lose $$$ on warranty repairs. If the repair fails, you'll know to do the needful.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They aren't really rebuildable very often. Waste of money. Sad they made you waste money buying a bunch of unnecessary parts too. Buy a used ECU off eBay and clone it.
Your ECU has failed, again. The chip that failed has nothing to do with the wiring harness because it does not switch the injectors directly. It is connected to 4 (again) separate transistors that switch the injectors. The odds of all 4 failing at the same time are near zero.
This post is good timing...I guess that's what you might call having the same fault. Our 2007 9-3 convertible (also inop, gah!!!) has been popping P020X failures over the past two weeks. There is a strong smell of fuel on restart (if it feels like it!). My question is if there is a reputable ECU rebuilder or is the best advice really to find an old ECM and marry. Frankly, I'm not keen on the need to marry the ECU as it would mean finding someone reliable for that job + a good ECU. However, SWMBO wants the car working reliably again so I want the best path for success. I appreciate any feedback!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Forget about rebuilders, get an ECU from a junkyard and either buy the OBDLinkSX adapter and clone the ECU yourself, or send it to someone to clone it for u its the same money more or less to do it urself or to send it out.

·
Super Moderator
8,657 Posts
There's at least 150yrs+ of knowledge about these cars on here,what we don't know about them you could fit on the back of a postage stamp..imo..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts