SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I am almost done with my 900 ng cabrio technical part and now I want turn to custom visual modifications. I was thinking about viggen bumpers but then figured out that they are really rare and expensive. Also I found out that I need pretty a lot of work to fit them on ‘not Viggen’ SAAB. So I thought maybe 9-3 ng bumpers could be better option. They are cheaper, a lot of everywhere on sale and looks more modern.
But I am not sure whether is it a way more complicated to fit them on 900 ng than Viggen ones? And also is it possible? If anyone did it, maybe you have pictures? I really want to see if someone tried this modification!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
yes, they will fit. I put one on my 19996 ng. the only item i think extra that was needed to finish it 100% was might want the undershield splash guard to complete the change. A viggen will fit too without too much change too. youll need a few plastic bits for the wheel wheels, trim the bumper foam to allow pieces of the plastic vig bumper to fit and then of course the undershields. Both bumper will require new foglights and new attachment end plugs at the end of your current foglight wires to function,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, they will fit. I put one on my 19996 ng. the only item i think extra that was needed to finish it 100% was might want the undershield splash guard to complete the change. A viggen will fit too without too much change too. youll need a few plastic bits for the wheel wheels, trim the bumper foam to allow pieces of the plastic vig bumper to fit and then of course the undershields. Both bumper will require new foglights and new attachment end plugs at the end of your current foglight wires to function,
Alright, so I need just splash guard replacement and foam fitting. Maybe you have some
Photos how it looks like when it is done? I am the most interested how 9-3ng bumper looks on 900ng/9-3og .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts