SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just brought a 1999 saab 9-3 2.0 lpt auto. When the car boosts around 3500 rpm to 4000 rpm the car hesitates (kangaroos) unless i back of the gas and it changes to the next gear at a lower rpm. Sometimes it boosts all the way but this only happens in first gear and only sometimes. I changed all the vacuum hoses which made no difference. and i then purchased a second hand di cassette that had been tested and this also made no difference. Could this new di cassette also be faulty or what else could it be? and help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Do the cheap and easy things first.

Clean your boost pressure controller and make sure it's operating properly and that the hoses are connected properly. Search the boards for how to do that.

Check the gap on your spark plugs and/or change them as cheap insurance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it took me so long to reply i have been very busy working on a few of my other cars. Where is the boost controller located in the engine bay and i cant find anything on how to clean it. Can i use electrical contact cleaner as it leaves no residue cheers loz

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have just brought a 1999 saab 9-3 2.0 lpt auto. When the car boosts around 3500 rpm to 4000 rpm the car hesitates (kangaroos) unless i back of the gas and it changes to the next gear at a lower rpm. Sometimes it boosts all the way but this only happens in first gear and only sometimes. I changed all the vacuum hoses which made no difference. and i then purchased a second hand di cassette that had been tested and this also made no difference. Could this new di cassette also be faulty or what else could it be? and help would be greatly appreciated
I remember when I had the same experience on a different make of car.It seemed like the car just bogged out when climbing through the gears, it occasionally hit the rev limiter in 1st gear . It ended up being bad fuel delivery because a dirty fuel filter but mainly the strainer inside the gas tank. It's a small filter attached to the fuel pump, however I do not know if these cars carry such filters in the gas tank. Same case with someone I knew who had a Mazda RX-7 and a Nissan Maxima; Hence, the Saab is not comparable to either of these vehicles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The plugs are brand new I replaced them them just before i changed the DI cassette. Could anyone tell me the location of the boost controller so I can clean it? could it be i have brought another faulty DI with the same problem as I find that hard to believe and i believe the problem lies elsewhere. I don't know anyone with another DI cassette to test.

·
Registered
456 Posts
in front of the intake pipe to the turbo. It has three silicone hoses coming from it. Spray some WD40 in all 3 ports, shake it around, and keep doing that until the WD40 comes out clear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My car does not have a boos controller. The vacuum hose off the actuator goes straight to the compressor housing therefore eliminating the need for a boost controller. Does any one else have any ideas? cheers

·
Registered
269 Posts
You need a spare coil pack anyway. Get a nice big tube of dielectric grease and fill up the boots and put a coating on the outside.

I picked up an SEM from Advance Auto online for about $150 a month ago. If the old one is still working stash it in the trunk with a fresh coating of grease and a torx tool. It's inevitable that it will fail and you will be stuck somewhere without it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts