SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
If the 9-3 is the same as the NG900, you remove the light assembly on the inside of the roof, and turn the screw with a screwdriver. Now, if something besides the motor is bad (like the guides or cam followers), this may not completely open or close the roof. Some have had problems completely closing the roof and had to seal it with duct tape until it could be repaired. Let us know how you do... Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just found a pdf owners manual, and it says the roof in no way should be taken down maually? is this right? ive followed the instructions on the manual and the roof wont budge?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the sunroof. If the convertible top was up and locked, I would leave it that way until you can find out why the pump isn't running. The 9-3s do have an hydraulic pump, so the first thing I would check is the fluid level. NExt, I would pull the pump and see if the drive gear has broken. If it has, there's a $10 USD kit to fix it... Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
just found a pdf owners manual, and it says the roof in no way should be taken down maually? is this right? ive followed the instructions on the manual and the roof wont budge?
You wouldn't happen to have page 45 of that manual handy, would you? I have a 96 900SE that didn't come with a manual and I have no idea how the convertible top is supposed to be operated using the ROOF button or what the sequence of events is supposed to be. I'm guessing it may be similar to how yours is configured. It's currently not working on mine, but without knowing how it's supposed to work in the first place, I'm at a loss to begin diagnosing the trouble.

What exactly does "Tonneau" mean, anyway? Is it the entire convertible top, or the mechanism, or what? I'm new to Saab, so please excuse my cluelessness.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the sunroof. If the convertible top was up and locked, I would leave it that way until you can find out why the pump isn't running. The 9-3s do have an hydraulic pump, so the first thing I would check is the fluid level. NExt, I would pull the pump and see if the drive gear has broken. If it has, there's a $10 USD kit to fix it... Ron
DO u know where the fluid level check is?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your replys, after much searching trying to find the right fluid for this car i was kind of pointed to a fluid replacement at halfords for £14.99 CHF 11S Anyways i got some today and put it in... and hey presto the roof works fine.

So for future reference to anyone eles looking for hydraulic fluid this one worked for me.

>> http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1_catalogId_10151_partNumber_575233_langId_-1

If any problems occour in the next few days i will post here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update for anyone eles who has problems with this roof, after doing some research iam still unable to trace the exact hydraulic fluid that is needed for 9-3 2000 plate roof but... after trawling thru many many web sites i was pointed to a halfords fluid called CHS 11F.

I put it in yesterday and hey presto roof works fine with no major leaks as far as i can tell i will post if theres any chnage on that, but yeah halfords have it its £14.99 a bottle too so all good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.