SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 9-3 and love it! Unfortunately the car did not come with an owners manual. The car has the control buttons for phone usage. Does anyone have an ideas how to make this work with my current cell phone?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wheel buttons are only for OnStar. If you want to hook a Bluetooth kit thru your factory stereo, you can do it, but you will have to have a separate button panel that attaches to the dash somewhere. The steering wheel controls will not mate to a bluetooth kit. Your factory radio will accept a bluetooth kit, however. Search the archives, there's lots of discussion on this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know this has been addressed, ad nauseum, in other threads. BUT, here's my question. Has anybody ever tried to intercept the wires for the steering wheel controls and reroute? What would you lose?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
kcaudell said:
I know this has been addressed, ad nauseum, in other threads. BUT, here's my question. Has anybody ever tried to intercept the wires for the steering wheel controls and reroute? What would you lose?
I don't think anyone has tried because of the PIA audio system on the 03-06.
That said you can intercept the signals from the steering wheel as they are on the low speed CAN data highway and there are widgits out there to do so. They cost about $400.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101519
Has some detail post 169 onwards. 173 has some links.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts