SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was driving his 08 Saab 9-3 2.0T home from college last night. He was going 60mph on the highway when all the sudden the engine shut off. He still had all electronics, just no engine running. He then tried to restart it, but nothing would happen. It still had all power and lights, just wouldn't turn over or even try to start. He waited about 20 mins and then it started right up. It ran rough, but he made it home without it dying anymore. This morning it still starts up, just runs rough and doesn’t feel like it has all the power. Any ideas or help??

·
Registered
22 Posts
First thing to do would be pull codes. There is a whole host of things it could be really. Anything from major engine issues to simple plugs or ignition coil or two. Most generic code readers will be able to pull codes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You should be able to. I had a misfire that put the car into limp mode, with no CEL. dropped by the parts stored and pulled a miss for cyl. 5. The car will store codes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tried to have the local auto parts store pull the codes, however their scanner kept showing an error and couldn’t read it!
It seemed to run fine on the way there and back, I guess I’ll take it to a dealership sometime this week to try and have them run the codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts