SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to show you guys a swedish 9-3ss project. For those who don´t read swedish it´s sporting a BSR stage 4 (310hp/440Nm) and 19 inch rims. There is loads of pictures. I guess what you think of the body mods is a matter of taste...(nothing said) but it´s radical!

Check it out!

http://www.zatzy.com/showthread.php?t=208313

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow, that's insane. Huge project. I lke most of it, but it's a shame about that wing... really cheeses it up, imho. Rear diffuser is a little sketchy also, but I love the though-body exhaust exit.

I wonder how it will handle with all those amps and speakers? :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I love the fender flares! Is it possible to listen to a stereo that loud and still be able to drive or is that the sound system for brittney spears next concert? If anyone can tell me where to find those rims I would love to know? You are right about the wing it doesn't fit the car at all it looks out if place.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Somewhere in Sweden ...

One man has too much money ...

One man has too much time on his hands ...

;)

I think that car qualifies as the most "modified" SS in existance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mbodo said:
Somewhere in Sweden ...

One man has too much money ...

One man has too much time on his hands ...

;)

I think that car qualifies as the most "modified" SS in existance.
Might be...

In terms of performance if vote for this one: http://www.speedparts.se/ click on "Projekt" and then click on the green "SSR" (all info is in english).

·
Registered
609 Posts
I might give it the award for the worst 9-3 I have ever seen. It's not my style at all. Some of the mods could be effective if scaled/ toned down a bit. But that spoiler? Is that off a topfuel dragster?

·
Registered
895 Posts
while its not quite my "bag" from the rearend, the front end looks SICK! either way you look at it, youve got to appreciate the effort put into this thing.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I think that car qualifies as the most "modified" SS in existance.[/QUOTE]

what about the 9-3SSR though?....and the front end looks alot like the front of the SSR...which is by no means a bad thing, I love that front

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
In my opinion it is a huge waste of time. My approach would be to upgrade the powertrain dramatically but aim to retain the stock appearance. I like the Q car approach.

You would be upset if someone bumped that front / rear end. The glass fibre would disintegrate.

absolute bad taste... but then I am getting old.

·
Registered
267 Posts
voodoochile said:
Wow, that's insane. Huge project. I lke most of it, but it's a shame about that wing... really cheeses it up, imho. Rear diffuser is a little sketchy also, but I love the though-body exhaust exit.

I wonder how it will handle with all those amps and speakers? :cheesy:
I'm with you, the flares and the front end are spot on! The rear, that wing and the vents in the front fenders have to go... Goes to show the 9.3 can look pretty cool with some more aggressive style, and that some of the sweeds have just as bad of taste as some of the people here in the states!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I don't drive a 9-3 but I'm not going to judge until it is completely finished. Who knows? With a nice coat of paint and all the body panels, it just might look OK. Get rid of the wing though.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
I love my car as she is...

No one can improve on the design/style that Saab have offered us.
Yes, I can go for a rear spoiler or eventually Aero body kit or lower by an inch.
Some of us have preferences for wheels BUT...
She is superb why try and "improve" such beauty.

Attachments

·
Banned
975 Posts
I'm pretty sure he says what the wheels are somewhere in there. I agree, those fender flares are ****ing sick! Is that a carbon fiber roof that they put on it? I want to see a carbon fiber hood for these things, that would r0x0rz!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts