SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab 9-3 AMP1 fried

25340 69
Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to bypass the AMP1 yourself without having to ship it out and pay money? I know the SaabRadio guy will charge $59 to install the bypass for you.

I am wondering if this is something I can do myself by soldering a resistor or a few wires or something. Has anyone ever tried to fix their AMP1 themselves?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Did you fix your radio issues? I noticed my radio acting funny after a car wash, a few days later it was back to normal...got it washed again and now the radio is gone completely. I believe I fried my Amp1 but haven't looked yet. It's been a month now and I'm starting to get annoyed, although my intake does sound cool....

Anyways, if I order the work around, do I lose any sound or is it just a mickey mouse fix to get me going ?

· Registered
6 Posts
i'm startin to hate my saab...i just hit 45K miles on it, and it's an 04...and now all of a sudden everything is fallying apart...dash is flaking, radio is dead, and full sender gauge deal doesn't work anymore..i love filling up based on a guess! oh wells...thanks for the info..i'm going to go check out my amp1 today...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.