SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,410 Posts
noticed one of the capacitors oozed goop everywhere. I cleaned that up and ordered a new capacitor for $2.
Did you ever replace the cap?

My amp1 took a nosedive tonight. I actually heard it hissing from the door speaker for a short while. Worked fine this morning. Floor has been bone dry. I'll pull the amp this week to have a look. Cap would be too easy knowing this car. But the silicon is also available.

· Registered
6,410 Posts
Not to rub it in... but my amp1 spontaneously recovered. Took 3 start cycles, but all returned to normal. Except my passenger's mirror moved and was no longer stored in the position 1 memory setting.

I wish manufacturers were more transparent about how the computer modules communicate in these cars, because I obviously had some kind of communications burp. My next car is either gonna be something that has been hacked to smithereens, or an old analog rig like a 340 'cuda or Ferrari 348 (which surprisingly sell for about the same amount).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.