SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab 9-3 Alarm randomly goes off

1304 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  CarGoVrrm
I wish to lock my Saab yet I have terrible luck with the alarm. I can lock it and it will not sound until I come back (which is rare) but the majority of times I lock it and It can be at any given point the alarm decides to throw a fit and go off. I don't know what to do to fix it I would like to be able to do it my self and cheap.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
I wish to lock my Saab yet I have terrible luck with the alarm. I can lock it and it will not sound until I come back (which is rare) but the majority of times I lock it and It can be at any given point the alarm decides to throw a fit and go off. I don't know what to do to fix it I would like to be able to do it my self and cheap.
This can be caused by a few things, but generally, it's to do with the alarm battery dying. This battery is built into the alarm unit in the driver's-side wheel well. You have the option of just unplugging the unit, but that will result in a dash error message every time you start the car. Or don't disassemble your car at all and just have someone with a Tech2 disable the alarm on the car, this will stop your issue and leave no error message (and leave you with no alarm)

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what year 9-3..
When the alarm goes off is it the car horn that sounds or a siren..
I don’t remember I haven’t locked it in a while because of it, I think it’s whatever the standard alarm is so what ever the combo is the hazards flash and what not. When you get in the car after you silence the alarm and start her up you get an alert on the SID stating the alarm was triggered since I last drove it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.