SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting my 2001 Saab 9-3 Aero HOT up for sale and ideally would like it to go to a Saab enthusiast.

The car is a 2001 Aero HOT 5dr finished in the very rare Laser red (Code 278). It has done 118,500 miles and has a full service history up to Service 11 carried out at 101, 673. It was first registered in May 2001 making it exactly 11 years old and I am the 5th owner. The car is Hpi clear.

The car has 9 months MOT to run and 3 months Road Tax and has new front tyres and rears with 4mm life left in them.

In addition to the factory 'Viggen' Aero body kit and double Y alloys she has twin electric and heated Lear seats with 3 way driver memory. The interior is Black (Code K12) and in good condition.

It is fitted with a BSR Stage 1 ECU map, BSR air filter (washable) and a Stainless Forge dump valve - conservatively giving a 240bhp output and smooth delivery with minimal noise. The car is also fitted with a 3M Dynock red carbon foil wrapped bonnet - very low key and smart and of course removable with a hairdryer !

The car had 2 OEM front springs and a centre exhaust in February when I had it MOT'd, there were no advisories.

I have owned her for 7 months and in my ownerhip have done the following things...

1. SID and Climate panel refurbed, so no missing pixels
2. New shark fin aerial fitted to the roof
3. New front and rear Saab badges
4. Retro fitted Nokia 6000 series car kit with roof microphone
5. Volvo misting washer jets fitted

She is in good overall condition, with obviously a few age related chips but no dents. The car will come with factory Saab carpet mats and factory Saab rubber mats as well as a Haynes manual !!

Here are all the things I think need attending to - I am listing them as I am extra picky !

1. Both rear arch areas have the usual 9-3 bubbling - but should be a minor repair
2. The Climate needs a regas
3. Passenger front wing has a paint chip where it runs against the bonnet
4. 2 Alloys need a refurb, one has already been done but is a darker shade.
5. The front-pipe may be cracked as there is a resonance when accelerating
but performance seems unaffected.
6. intermitant engine light illumination (done it since I owned it - no performance issue) May be BSR air filter to blame
7. Occasional 'Alarm battery warning' on SID - Factory alarm system is fully functional
8. Will need an oil change - last done at 110,000 miles.

Happy to take any prospective buyer out for a run (from cold) so that you can see how well she pulls and runs. Does not use any oil at all.

I am a realist and looking for a sale price of around the £1000-£1100 mark. She is a BSR Stage 1 car and has the performance to match, but I recognise that the 8 items I have listed would require expense to make her perfect.

Please feel free to email me in the first instance at [email protected] and I will be glad to forward you some pictures and answer any questions.

I live in Lincolnshire (about 18 miles outside of Lincoln) and the car would be available to view and test drive any day after 6pm.

Thanks - Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts