SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
finally back in saab ownership!

purchased a 9-3 convertible 2001 with less than 40k on clock and completely standard factory specification. (apart from 18" alloys which will be removed to sell on!).

I previously had the same model and fitted the six point chassis brace and uprated rear anti roll bar and was pleased with the improvement in handling.
I have been looking on ebay and found the ARB no problem but cannot find the same 6 point brace (i purchased one for my last convertible on ebay) it was the stainless steel type with centre reinforcing plates in centre.

Do any of you knowledgeable folks know if anyone is selling them in UK or EU?.
I see abbott do the 2 point brace but would prefer the 6 point if i can get one.

many thanks in advance for any help you can give! :D

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
I think I know the ones you are talking about, they were a chrome finish?
There was a guy in Poland selling them on ebay a few years ago, but I think he just got a bunch shipped from China and then resold them.

The pictures on his ad, matched identically some I received from a Aliexpress a few months prior.

I don't think the guy in Poland has been actively selling any for a while, but I think they are still available from China, check Aliexpress.

Abbott, is the only company I am aware of that actually manufacturers and sells in Europe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for your replies,
I have tried both of the suppliers you have suggested but no luck im afraid!
I was sure there was a supplier on ebay selling them but it appears they must have sold out or have stopped selling for some reason.
I did come across a company in the Netherlands who according to their website can supply and emailed them but had no reply as yet.

The search continues!!!

New vert arrives at the weekend and its one of the jobs i want to do while i have car on stands after doing sump drop and service.

Hopefully someone knows where i can lay my hands on one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
i actually came across the GS one online,

i would prefer to get one in UK or EU if possible but if i cannot find one i may have to look into getting one imported from GS.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts