·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping a Guru can assist.

Error Code : Fuel Pressure Regulator performance P0089

Symptoms:

1. The engine light comes and goes.
2. Fuel consumption used to be 9.1 Lt/100 km. now its anywhere from 14 - 33 lt /100 !!
3. Engine sluggish.

I had the fuel pump/array replaced a few years ago. I really wish I could get this sorted out! If anyone has suggestions I would be sincerely grateful.

Philip

·
Registered
17 Posts
Funny you mention this issue. My wife’s new car is having the same problem. It runs fine for some time, then progressively gets worse. Stuttering, acting like it has a bad misfire, even hard starts and limp mode. Once the car cools down, it’s fine for a little bit. We replaced the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail, but we still have the same issues, so I’m going to replace the pump next. From what I researched, it’s either the fuel pressure sensor, fuel pump or there’s a fuel pump controller that you need to drop the tank to access, but the sensor and pump are the culprit like 90% of the time.

I forgot to add. If you have access to a tech2, there’s a pump test you can run to see if your pump is bad. You put a mechanical fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and run the program. It commands the pump to run at specific pressures, and you verify on the gauge.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Change fuel pressure sensor (P/N:12582232).
It is simple to change, just unplug connector and remove 2 screws.
Apply little petroleum jelly to O-ring.

USE RAG TO AVOID FUEL SPRAY TO YOUR EYES!
Fuel rail is pressurized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts