SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saab 9-3 16v 1.9TiD judder from passenger side when turning left and accelerating

Hi I really hope someone can help me with this, so basically the problem is this, when I'm turning left even a little bit then accelerate even a bit I can feel a judder almost feels like its coming from around the left wheel area, if I let off the accelerator the judder goes away.
It started after my drivers side spring broke and it was replaced with a stock one when the ones I had on were lowering springs, unfortunately I didn't have time to get it sorted right away as I have to use the car for work so I was driving it with a lowering spring one side and a stock spring on the other for around a week or two in which time the issue arose, I eventually got this sorted but that didn't fix the issue.

Here's a list of everything I've done to try to fix it-

New spring, New lower control arm, new pads/discs, New hub.

Tried swapping wheels round front to back, had tracking done, the only thing I haven't done yet is tie rods and shock absorber,
hopefully someone has had this issue before and can help me, sorry for the long post and sorry if its in the wrong section just signed up

Jamie

·
Registered
579 Posts
If it started shortly after getting the spring replaced, I would start with the strut top mount and strut top bearing on that side. You may have gotten a bad part when the spring was replaced, or the way the new spring seated on either the strut hat or the strut top bearing may be contributing. I'm assuming that you're in the UK, so your passenger side is the left side of the car - on the inside of the turning direction when it makes the noise?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Could it be related to CV boots and CV driveshaft/joint?
- I'm basing this on the fact you said it occurs during acceleration and turns.
Do you get any clicking when you do the 'figure 8' in the car park on full locks etc?..if you do it could be the CV joints.

Surely its not your Tyre rubbing somewhere when your turn hard.. given springs and clearance - is there enough room?

The other wild <###> guess I have is that it could be a engine mount that needs replacing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts