SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I took upon myself to upgrade the sound in my car. I changed the dash speakers without problem, but the door speakers have given me quite a headache. There were no speakers there originally, but there was a cable to connect one. However I do not get any sound coming out of my new speakers, and I reckon this has something to do with there being no amplifier?
If this is the case, how do I locate where the other end of the cable from the door is and how do I access it?

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Door speakers are connected to external amplifier, which is located under ACC panel. You can access it after removal right side trim panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Door speakers are connected to external amplifier, which is located under ACC panel. You can access it after removal right side trim panel.
Is there any guide on how to remove that panel? The glove box seems to be in the way to be able to remove it.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
You do not need to remove glove box.
Remove screw and pull out. This panel is center, not outside.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
You definitely don't have to remove the glovebox, but IMHO it's a heck of a lot easier if you do. The time difference is <5m.

·
Registered
17,952 Posts
If you source the amplifier/cable used, you can get one from any NG900 or 9-3. Be sure to get the cable to hook it up to the radio. You don't have to worry about hooking up the door speakers, they will already be integrated when you connect the amp to the radio with the factory cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts