SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
how can this be a bad thing to expand the brand? it's not like they said they were going half with Hyundia. Subaru makes a quality product, and a car is only as good as it's owner. this is a good thing for both companies. more money in SAAB's pocket to go ahead with the 9-7s and 9-9s and 9-xs and Sonnets. this is going to be a great decade for SAAB

seeing as how Hummer is part of GM, you would think they would team up to make a rival for the Range Rover. call it the Larson or Ljunberg, lol

alt key plus what gives me an umlaut U?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
heavy_t said:
ALT-129 gives you ü :D

ü
ü

which umlaut u is ALT-129 and which is ALT-0252

can't figure it out? neither can i

i like 129 easier to remember, now i just have to forget about 0252 to free up some memory

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Subaru are a quality act!..... could have been a lot worse :)

Anyway... I got my crayons out....here is my idea of how a small SAAB should be.
chunky overhang at front, wraparound screen, classic 900 convertable lines, 900c' like doors in a smooth sprung tention.
yeh...its boxter'ish,tt'ish,Z3'ish,but also SAAB savvy?

he-hey!...it would never be considered as the wheels wouldnt work :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
So the 9-2 will be an restyled WRX Wagon? Please Saab don't I was thinking about this car until I saw that comment.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
he'hey!...cheers.

I always thought the saab turbo looked very much like the executive family mans porche as it happens.
Simply by changing the rear a bit I could illiminate any porche'esk tt'ish stylee'ness.
Should I give it a go?.....dont want it to turn into a Renault Alpine tho :) Hmm. yes. maybe a rework.

·
Registered
604 Posts
subaru drivetrain matched up to the saab 2.3 viggen engine would be next to unbeatable.
of course saab and subaru do have one thing in common, they cant build a transmission worth crap.
built c900's and WRX's eat trannys like there is no tommorow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
squishmann said:
how can this be a bad thing to expand the brand? it's not like they said they were going half with Hyundia. Subaru makes a quality product, and a car is only as good as it's owner. this is a good thing for both companies. more money in SAAB's pocket to go ahead with the 9-7s and 9-9s and 9-xs and Sonnets. this is going to be a great decade for SAAB

seeing as how Hummer is part of GM, you would think they would team up to make a rival for the Range Rover. call it the Larson or Ljunberg, lol

alt key plus what gives me an umlaut U?
I don't think the problem is about the quality of subaru product. The problem is that subaru is not saab

·
Registered
211 Posts
This thing isn't that far away. Where's the 9-2 dedicated forum?

If they made a sedan version for the 9-2 I'd be jumping on it. The WRX is one of the most exhilarating cars to drive on the market. I'm still torn over whether to get a 9-3 or a premium package WRX.

Maybe bringing over the wagon is supposed to fill the hatchback gap left by the new 9-3.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts