SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
SaabKen said:
Not much we don't already know .....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/26/big-plans-for-gms-new-delta-small-car-platform/

But puh-leeeeze SAAB, hurry up with it !
The new platform "will be identical across the globe," and the same suppliers will be used in many cases, hopefully allowing GM to take real advantage of the global platform its been working on for some time now.

So, that means here in the UK GM will be expecting us to pay 40% more for an Astra that has a Saab badge.............:nono;

If I wanted a crappy Vauxhall I'd buy one.......:roll:

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VertGriffin said:
Anyone know if Saab's planning to bring the 9-1 over to the U.S.? I'd think not. We can't even get a diesel.
It's planned to be a global vehicle, so YES.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TooMany2cvs said:
Saab badge on a Delta...
This is a nice Delta shape .....

Imagine a 9-1 Aero XWD with the 9-4X's 2.0T BioPower :D:D:D

BioPower engine data
* Max. boost pressure at maximum torque: 1.2 bar
* Compression ratio: 10.5: 1
* Max power (E85): 300 hp (221kW) @ 5400 rpm.
* Max. torque (E85): 400Nm (295 lb.-ft) @ 2600-5100 rpm
* Max power (gasoline): 245 hp (180 kW) @ 5300 rpm
* Max. torque (gasoline): 353 Nm (261 lb.-ft.) @ 2500- 5250 rpm
* Fuel consumption (combined): 10.5L /100km (22.4 mpg) on gasoline

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I think that the delta platform could make a very nice, small saab. I don't even think that AWD is necessary. Drop in a turbo, saabize the front end and interior (a la 9-2X) and there you go.

Only thing I don't like about the delta platform is the twist beam rear axle. But actually driving one, it is a very nice vehicle. Very tight, maybe tighter than a 9-3 2.0T.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
aeropilot said:
The new platform "will be identical across the globe," and the same suppliers will be used in many cases, hopefully allowing GM to take real advantage of the global platform its been working on for some time now.

So, that means here in the UK GM will be expecting us to pay 40% more for an Astra that has a Saab badge.............:nono;

A lot of cars share the same platform. Everyone does it. BMW, Honda, Toyota, Volvo, Mercedes.... it does NOT make them the same car by any stretch.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CleveSaab said:
aeropilot said:

A lot of cars share the same platform. Everyone does it. BMW, Honda, Toyota, Volvo, Mercedes.... it does NOT make them the same car by any stretch.
Exactly. See if you can spot the similarities below, other than the fact they all have 4 wheels ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts