SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saab 24/7 Roasd Service...

..comes through in the clinch.

OK, so i was out to dinner tonight, went to go home and the SID said steering wheel lock malfunction, remove key turn wheel and re-insert key....it did not work. On previous instances, reinserting the key and a quick pull to the left has gotten results. This time around was a no-go. So after a half dozen trys I call Road Service..I get a polite young women who asks me several "you got to know" the answer questions including part of my VIN, and where am I "conveniently opposite a Chuech" how innocent:roll:.. I tell her what the deal is, she tells me exactly what the SID said!..I say I've tried that with two different Keys a few times....now put on Hold, .... You must realize I am holding a phone in one hand:nono;. Here is how to solve the situation,,,,

Put the Phone Down. (Doh)

Use Fob to Lock, then un-lock car

Insert Key

At the SAME TIME, 'slowly' turn wheel and key.

You can't "be quick" about it if you understand;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
This works some of the time, but often it will require pulling the fuse for the column lock (or disconnecting the battery) for around a minute to get the steering column lock module to reset.

I had a similar experience with the AA (UK Breakdown service) a couple of years ago!

·
Registered
377 Posts
JonV said:
Put the Phone Down. (Doh)

Use Fob to Lock, then un-lock car

Insert Key

At the SAME TIME, 'slowly' turn wheel and key.

You can't "be quick" about it if you understand;)
looks like some sexual inuendo :)

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JBob said:
This works some of the time, but often it will require pulling the fuse for the column lock (or disconnecting the battery) for around a minute to get the steering column lock module to reset.

I had a similar experience with the AA (UK Breakdown service) a couple of years ago!
You got that right:eek: Twice today that trick took several attempts I've got to go get the Manual later to find out that fuse number...I can't pop the hood and disconnect the battery two or three times a day. I can't get to a Dealer till Monday:cry:

·
Super Moderator
9,177 Posts
my manual says fuse no1 steering wheel lock here in the uk,fascia fuse panel..:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts