SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving down the road the car dies... I have to coast to the shoulder ..
crank no start

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trunk lid will not open using the button on the driver side door it will not unlock with the key at the trunk how do I get in I tried pulling on the emergency release on the inside of the trunk will not unlock the trunk

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Are you saying the car randomly dies while driving, or it died once while driving and won't restart?

How did you access the emergency release if you can't get into the trunk?

·
Registered
670 Posts
You obviously have a few things going on and those of us that will help you will need a bunch more information than that. Whats been done to the car ,mileage, have you owned it for a while and this is the first time something has gone wrong. getting in the trunk won't help there's no magic button in there to make it start.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
If you can't open the trunk, put the back seat down. Have someone reasonably sized wiggle in through the pass-thru port and remove the three 10mm bolts that hold the trunk latch to the body. As I recall, you need a 10mm open/combo and a 1/4" drive 10mm socket with a 3" extension. Not a job for the claustrophobic. But, not hard to do if the outside temp is not too high. Once it's open you can pull the panel on the lid and dig into the latching issue.

Then, like someone else said... we need more info.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
lol @ "reasonably sized wiggle in through the pass-thru port" ... that's an oxymoron if ever there was one! :D

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
lol @ "reasonably sized wiggle in through the pass-thru port" ... that's an oxymoron if ever there was one! :D
LOL. Oddly, you can be larger than expected and still do it. Like a cat... it compresses your rib cage a bit bit you can make it. Done it a couple times. Didn't like it much but it gets the job done with no damage.

You can also hire a child to do it. In later models there's the internal release you can just pull and save the unbolting part, but that's a 50/50 success rate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts