SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have had my saab for about a year and a half and have had plenty of little issues with it, but I can't solve this one... Whenever I take a left turn going at least 15mph, the headlights flicker, the radio cuts out, the dashboard makes a clicking noise similar to the turn signal sound, and the engine makes a sound like a belt having issues. It still seems to be running okay other than this, but it's something electric. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,726 Posts
check your ground straps and battery connections - there is a ground strap from your transmission on the drivers side...to the body (behind the wheel and may be behind the wheel arch cover). make sure not broken - also good idea to take it off the body side and clean that up/reattach. Also check your connections where the battery cables go to the starter, alternator, and then the block with main fuses just to the side of the battery.

Overall it sounds like you have a bad connection - and the turn makes a momentary disconnect. I would also suspect worn or bad motor mounts simply in that it would exacerbate the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts