SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings saab owners, I plan on buying a saab 9 3 with the 2.3t 230hp engine. I am not really a saab person, i wasn't interested in saabs before, but they are quite nice. From what I've read the 2.3t is the best to reach more hp - I would be happy with 300hp for a daily car. My questions are: Should i get forged pistons.. rods.. etc? I mean how much hp can the stock engine hold? I read today that If you want to reach more than 300hp you must replace injectors, fuel pump, pistons with forged ones. Is it hard to reach 300hp? Only a remap makes this engine 260hp. Whats the stock turbo on this, which bigger one should i look for? Is it safe to build more than 300hp with stock internals for a long lasting period?

·
Super Moderator
20,361 Posts
Confirm car. 9-3 never had a 2.3.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Sounds like an OG9-3 Viggen. Of course that's not the 2.3t (or 2.3T, for that matter) but a Viggen. 300 HP can be a lot of power/torque for that chassis.

·
Super Moderator
20,361 Posts
Yeah, sorry meant to say 9-3SS. OP, please confirm what car you are looking at so I can move this thread so you can get appropriate help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It says that 9 3 has that engine, nevermind its my mistake. I don't mind the model - all saabs look cool, lets say the saab 9 5 year 2000, something like that i like the most. Sorry i still haven't learned all of saab models. My goal is 300hp on the 2.3t engine.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
I droved almost 8 years with 315whp/479Nm Saab 9-5 Aero.
Mods were injectors, IC with hoses, 3" full exhaust (with race cat) and sw.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Nope. Injectors was 580cc EV14.
Stock TD04 and regular manifold and fuel pressure regulator.
Stock (original) air intake with original air filter.

Max boost 107kPa.

Car is manual and now is belongs to my friend. She loves it a LOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts