SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I've read still can't fine the answer ,have knocking in my star wheel, its seen likey from the rack n pinion were the control arm attach ,is the repair kit for that?
here the image ,that were he
thank

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rack and Pinion Bushing / Steering Rack Bushing kits

what are the symptoms you get when bushing need to replace

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
I installed Moog's tie rod bushing kit over the weekend. It was easy to install and firmed up the front end nicely.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I installed Moog's tie rod bushing kit over the weekend. It was easy to install and firmed up the front end nicely.
Ok when and change the tie rod bushing the noise still there . What could it be ? Do I need a new rack n pinion

hey could this be the problem Inside the rack, the pinion could be missing a tooth, causing the sound also.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seem like no one come across these problem . U could heard the noise bye just playing or moving the steering

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Jack up the front of the car and disconnect both tie rod ends. That way you can isolate the steering rack from the struts and can tell if the noise is in one or both struts, or the rack itself.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jack up the front of the car and disconnect both tie rod ends. That way you can isolate the steering rack from the struts and can tell if the noise is in one or both struts, or the rack itself.
That what I've done this past weekend
I change the tie rod bushing at the same time doing that i have the car jack up why the the rod was dismantle l let my friend play with the steering heard the knocking right were the tie rod bushing conneted

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Fluid Reservoir full.NO Leaking .Driving straight Car run pretty good with no noise .Making hard turn no problem only when makeing small turn
when Car Park playing and with the Steering Column moving Left to Right you could heard knocking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts