SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a 900 SPG... Some might think I'm nuts, but my 2003 SS Arc lost it's spot in the garage.

Well my brake calipers have been rusting for some time now, but now the lug nuts are rusting too. Now this car is less than 2 years old. The SPG lug nuts look better than the 9-3 SS. Anyone else having this trouble?

·
Registered
609 Posts
That SPG is a fine ride. My neighbor had a convertible one when I was growing up. I have wanted one ever since.

As far as the lug nuts, mine look like crap as well. I think Saab Catalogue sells some covers for them. Might be an option? I think I remember someone else having a problem with this and they were replace under warranty. My BBS lugs rusted too :(. I always surmised that it's because I don't have a garage.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Yep. A lot of us have. I'm beginning to wonder if it was an 03 thing. Do a search for lugbolts, or rusty.

I had mine replaced in the spring of 2 winters ago under warranty.

Nothing wrong w/900s mind you! I prefer the post-94 ones though. :cheesy:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just moved the SS out of the garage last month.

The SPG has no rust, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I have a "Saab friend" with 4 Saabs and a 2 car garage. He has (3) 900's and a 9-5 Aero.

The (2) C 900's have the garage, the new gen 900 and the 9-5 Aero are out side. So I'm not alone

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ahhh...the rusty lug nut theme:eek:.

My '03 9-3 is my 6th Saab, starting with my trusty '76 99, and it's the first to suffer from rusty lug nuts. I was at my dealer's the other day having my AUX activated and complained about the appearance. The dealer offered to install new lugs under warranty, but cautioned that I'd be back within a few weeks with the same complaint 'cause the new ones are not manufactured to the same specs as the previous ones.

So I opted to cover 'em up with the Saab nut caps (no jokes, please)...they cost me $12 for 20 and they come with a nifty removal tool. Sure does improve the appearance.

·
Registered
895 Posts
76Saab99 said:
So I opted to cover 'em up with the Saab nut caps (no jokes, please)...they cost me $12 for 20 and they come with a nifty removal tool. Sure does improve the appearance.
i did the same thing. looks MUCH better if you ask me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my friendly neighbor Saab dealer in No VA got me a new set of wheel bolts (Warranty). And I sprung for the wheel bolt caps too. Hopefully I have better luck this time around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts