SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some work yet to do on the old girl, next up is a passenger axel/rotors and pads on all 4 corners. Following that I'll be driving into shocks/springs. While I was having my tires mounted the other day I noticed quite a bit of rust on the front suspension. I understand the shock cartridge slides through the rusty part, but my fear is I won't be able to get it off the car and if/when I do they may not be reusable. Anyone know where I can find a complete strut assembly, spring mounts/rusty stuff included? Pic attached for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Unless the point where the large securing nut (that the strut insert passes through) screws into the knuckle is severely rusted (which it doesn't appear to be that bad) then they are fine to reuse. New zinc spacers for the bottom of the springs, a wire wheel and some paint and you'll have no need for new knuckles.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless the point where the large securing nut (that the strut insert passes through) screws into the knuckle is severely rusted (which it doesn't appear to be that bad) then they are fine to reuse. New zinc spacers for the bottom of the springs, a wire wheel and some paint and you'll have no need for new knuckles.
New spring spacers, got it. Should I get new strut mounts as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts