SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've searched and read a few other threads on rusted rear shock towers. I heard mine squeaking and took a leak. Is this beyond repair? Looks pretty bad. I'm not even sure where I could get a pattern of how it should be to have welded.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Not sure if there is a pattern, just make a lot of stuff and weld :p

Try the other "NG 900" forum as this one is for the older style cars. That is a big hole tho!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am not sure If I should post same thread in two areas though, don't wanna upset anyone.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
I think I ought to get the angle grinder out and cut some of the problem areas out for spares, but if this is a GM 900, Remeber especially in UK etc GM/& ford cars rust Quite easily, as not made to last, but you should have had some movenemt round corners etc for a long time, and would have had some road noise even with a carpet in place, or do you have the stereo to loud:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in the states. I have noticed a squeaking for awhile, to be honest I thought it was like the hatch moving around. I really haven't noticed handling difference, but it's just my work car. I drive it maybe 5 mile a day and maybe up to 40mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Met up with welder/fabricator today. He can get me in next week. I'll post pic's if he comes through for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts