SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I had exactly the same issue about 4 months ago. My rust was not as widespread as yours, same place though. I patched mine with a single plate - no rail damage. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rust in the lower control arm frame! ...can it be reparied?

Nice pictures!

Have anybody atempted fixing rust in the lower control arm frame? I've been told it's a common disease, but I am a newbie to this kind of welding, any suggestions?

cheers
OS

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone have some pictures/description of the job to weld in a replacement partos of a controll arm frame? (links above are dead)

I *think* i still only have to replace the bottom part of the metal, is it possible to do that with the driveshaft in plae, if i protect it with rags ant sheet metal?

Cheers
OS

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
OS said:
Does anyone have some pictures/description of the job to weld in a replacement partos of a controll arm frame? (links above are dead)

I *think* i still only have to replace the bottom part of the metal, is it possible to do that with the driveshaft in plae, if i protect it with rags ant sheet metal?

Cheers
OS
If your control arm is bad just replace it, they are still around new. If your talking about the mounting location then well...I had that issue, not a bad fix for my mechanic.

The mounting location is cracked on many cars. Once mine broke my mecahnic has been busy fixing many other cars since.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
OS said:
saabpics tends to come and go. try them again later!

·
Registered
418 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts