SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have recently noticed a small patch of rust forming under the paint on the rear quarter panel of my 9-3 ttid just in front f the rear passenger side wheel arch. The is no visible damage to the surface of the paint so can npy assume it is coming from behind. Today while washing my car I noticed a small rubber gromet which plugs a hole in the rear wheel arch behind the door panel. I notice there is not one on the drivers side rear sill and wondered if this has anything to do with the rust.Can someone please advise if their car has the same gromet and why the hole is there. The hole looks drilled and is not painted around the edges where the gromete is when I removed it.Thanks for any help you can provide.Geoff

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
my car doesnt have that. It looks like someone drilled a hole in the car to oil the fender or fix a dent and then plugged it up with a rubber cap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Shantzez, thanks for the reply!

Sounds like that's what the hole is for if yours hasn't got one. There is no rust around the drilled part so the gromet must be doing its job so not sure this is the source of the rust now you have suggested why it may be there.

Looks.like a sand back and repaint.job before it gets too bad and see if there is any damage behind the panel.

Thanks.again for your help!

Geoff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts