SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1999 2.3l 95. CEL on with rough running when car died completely and wouldn't start. Replaced DI and car started but still rough idle. Cleaned throttle body but stil rough. Replaced cps and car still rough. Replaced plugs (all four black indicating rich fuel). Car still running rough, especially at idle and when cold with a clear missed firing when accelerating.

When looking around I noticed that pcv hose had come loose and I reattached that to the line by throttle body. I don't think this has anything to do with irregularity, but wanted to give all info.

What do I look at next? I'm getting frustrated and poor(er).

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
OK not an expert but if you are sure that you dont have a throttle body issue and the car is not in limp home mode.....have you checked,cleared error codes
and reset ECU(battery disconnect or fuse pull) I would look to check out the
mass air flow sensor.............or possibly fuel pump/fuel rail pressure.
I had a similar problem which went away when I swapped in a MAF (sooty plugs and running roughly-I have two 9-5's in the family now...)
I had also seen this issue with another Vauxhall (GM vehicle) with repeated emissions failures etc and running a bit rough -cured with a replaced MAF.
These are expensive -I picked up a cheap replacement later from a breakers

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Find out what code the CEL is, then we don't have to guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts