SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, apart from a K&N filter my otherwise stock Aero is running quite rich at WOT/high load. I assume they run a little rich from factory to tame EGT's but the amount of black soot/smoke I'm seeing seems excessive. There is no other signs of turbo failure (no smoke on startup/ power seems fine) it is however using a bit of oil. Any hints?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
greenmatt said:
Hi, apart from a K&N filter my otherwise stock Aero is running quite rich at WOT/high load. I assume they run a little rich from factory to tame EGT's but the amount of black soot/smoke I'm seeing seems excessive. There is no other signs of turbo failure (no smoke on startup/ power seems fine) it is however using a bit of oil. Any hints?
Is there an actual trail of black smoke behind you? Cause the standard aero runs really rich at high revs, not slightly. Think along the lines of 10:1 or richer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When flooring it and having a car behind you with its lights on, the smoke is pretty noticeable. So all aero's run this rich? Maybe its another reason to get some tuning done, I assume a tuned 9-5 would be leaner up top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts