SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I let off the acceleration at any gear or any speed I hear a rumble for like 5 seconds and it stops, sometimes comes in when I’m braking too. The rumble is coming from the front end, sounds like the right side but I can’t tell if it’s center or right. Also whenever letting off gas while in gear I feel a lash back in every gear. Especially in 1st and 2nd. Just started after having rear brakes replaced. I don’t think that caused it though.
2006 Saab 9-3, 136,000 Miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust hitting the underside due to worn engine mounts or misaligned exhaust?
Engine mounts seem fine, just did a check on any movement when shifting reversing or revving gears. I'm gonna check my front right brake pads, really hoping that's it. That will fix the rumbling, but I have no idea what causes it to buck back when letting off acceleration, it bucks back after a few seconds of being off of the gas. Most of the time it bucks when the RPM's hit 2k and further down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not so good news is that my tranny is slipping and bucking hard once hot, and I have a similar rattle to what you are describing. I'm not sure if rattling has anything to do with that slippage, I always thought it was some loose heat shield. It rattles more when I start the car, and then after accelerating.

It's interesting that you also have both of these issues though.

Oh, I've just replaced front brake pads. Nothing's changed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it rpm dependant? speed dependant? any?
Tried to evaluate the bucking as many ways as I could. I found the bucking really only happened in 1st and 2nd, 2nd bucked mostly when letting go of gas after getting past 2.5K RPM, but 1st literally any speed, any RPM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wheel bearing or, less likely, CV joints.
If it was wheel bearing wouldn't it be making sounds 24/7 when driving not only when applying a small amount of pressure to the breaks or letting go of gas? and if CV wouldn't that be when turning?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not so good news is that my tranny is slipping and bucking hard once hot, and I have a similar rattle to what you are describing. I'm not sure if rattling has anything to do with that slippage, I always thought it was some loose heat shield. It rattles more when I start the car, and then after accelerating.

It's interesting that you also have both of these issues though.

Oh, I've just replaced front brake pads. Nothing's changed.
How'd you figure your tranny was slipping? I haven't really paid attention to how soon the rattling starts.

Have you checked your engine and tranny mounts?

Yeah, interesting on the sounds... I'm really hoping I don't need my tranny worked on :cry: Keep me up to date on what happens with you though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How'd you figure your tranny was slipping? I haven't really paid attention to how soon the rattling starts.

Have you checked your engine and tranny mounts?

Yeah, interesting on the sounds... I'm really hoping I don't need my tranny worked on :cry: Keep me up to date on what happens with you though.
It's the tranny as I get hard bucking and bangs while gears shift at lower rpms once the car heats up in stop and go traffic. It's also a well-documented problem for 93 2.8l.

Yours might be different, depending on how badly it behaves. Maybe your transmission shifts around and that's it. I would focus on the mounts to start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts