SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a place that does moulded rubber or plastic (basically removable and cleanable with a brush and/or hose) mats for RHD classic 900's and/or 9000's any more? I can't remember the name of a manufacturer that did them I think in Denmark (had a set in my old red 89 900i hatchback at the time I pranged it). I don't think there's anything locally (Aussie) made for the older Saab's.

I just remembered the manufacturer I was thinking off - Rensi (based in Sweden not Denmark).

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Anyone happen to know if Rensi can (or does) still make it's mats for our Saab's? I managed to find one very old Ebay listing (long since gone) for a full set of C900 Rensi mats. There are a few listings for new sets to suit some Volvo's.

I have emailed the company behind Rensi to ask about C900 and 9k mat sets.

I really dont' like carpet mats but there are going to be cheap generic ones about that will do the job.

Another option is semi-universal fit all-weather mats from Weathertech. They no longer do mats specific for older Saabs though the AVM-HD and AVM mats might do the trick. The USA website lists classic 900's in the vehicle directory but the UK website does not. The non-HD version of Weathertech AVM's come in black/gray/tan instead of black only for the HD version. There's two variants with seperate rear mats or a one-piece 'over the hump' rear mat.

Does anyone have Weathertech mats in a c900 (or 9k) who can comment on them?

Craig.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Continuing the hunt for RHD specific all-weather floor mats

Doing a bit more research reveals Weathertech has a factory in Italy to produce (apparently) RHD-specific versions of their mat products. Does anyone know of dealer say in the UK or elsewhere in a RHD country that sells Weathertech AVM semi-universal fit mats?

The Australian dealer of Weathertech (a mob called Bodyline) does't list AVM mats on it's website but I have contacted them to find out whether they do (or can) supply RHD-specific Weathertech AVM's from the Italian factory.

PFS do not sell Weathertech mats. Going to Ebay's UK site only brings up US-based seller listings for Weathertech mats.

Re Rensi mats, I received no return contact from my email to the parent company of Rensi in Sweden so currently have no info if their all-weather mats are still produced.

The hunt continues for us poor RHD cousins in the Saab community. ;-)

Craig.

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those RubberTree mats are a similar thing for sure.

Ironically I think the old rubber genuine Saab all-weather floor mats were made in Italy and possibly the same place the Weathertech manufactures from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Possible Alternative for you...

I purchased "Firestone FS-1948 All Weather Heavy Duty Rubber Floor Mats" from Amazon during their mid-summer sale in 2017. They are def heavy duty, have deep sides so spills stay in, and clean well. The fit is actually very good. The fronts fit extremely well on both side and the rears I simply turn sideways. This trick is actually beneficial as it covers the entire shoe of a passenger in the back in stead of just a portion of them. The only drawback is they do have the "Firestone" logo on them but it is small and really not noticeable. Two colors - grey and black. I went with grey and it matches my grey interior pretty good. Just checked and they are still available for $42. If you can wait till July, they may go on sale again.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on RHD mat products from Weathertech

It seems that Weathertech itself does actually sell RHD versions of it's AVM semi-universal fit rubber floor mats in black and grey but not tan. Both the 3-piece (single rear 'over the hump' mat) and 4-piece (two seperate rear mat) configs are offered.

Given my 2.1 scarabe green sedan has tan interior I think grey mats will be ok. My white Saab 9000 has a dark grey almost black interior by comparison.

I think the Rensi mat products are long discontinued so proper removable 'trap mats' custom made for C900's are most likely not available. Doesn't mean there aren't 'universal fit' ones that might work.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did you end up going to the UK website of Weathertech- for the RHD versions? Let us know how you got on.
I did notice the weathertech versions didn't seem to have the holes at the edge - for the 9-3 versions in particular.
best of luck - keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did try that, but the shipping cost is astronomical! For three sets of the AVM mats (two for c900's, one for my 9000) the checkout was quoting 425 UK pounds just for shipping on top of the approximately 150 UK pounds just for three sets of the mats.

I've tried the local Weathertech agent again and they do no stock AVM RHD mat sets but only in black. Going to give them a call in the next few days to ask about the grey ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts