SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently on my spoiler the rubber is cracked in a few places and i have been trying to find products which might be able to repair it but nothing seems suitable... does anyone know of a product ??

I have found a place which makes its own aftermarket fiberglass whaletails for $500 AU but i would rather keep the original one.

cheers

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Pet HATE

I have read a few posts here where people dont put a lot of credence to *whaletails* Personally I think they are one of the things that set aero's / Spgs apart .

My pet hate is cracked whaletails and the lack of available replacement rubbers .
There is a metal strip embedded in the whaletail ( used to screw into ) , what happens is that this strip Rusts and expands , cracking the rubber . I havent seen a duck tail that packs up to the same extent as the whaletail ( no metal insert )

I have 2 Aeros , both have whaletail issues and in one case severe enough to spoil the car in my eyes , I have tried the black silicone path , looked tatty .
I have looked at aftermarket , no comparison and too dear. If only we could have a rubber manufactured ? I realise the dies or whatever tooling they use to extrude rubber would be an expensive set up . Is there enough demand to look at this as a group buy ? The rest of the whaletail is fairly easily repairable , if needed ,

Personally , if the price for a rubber was reasonable , I could see self buying 3 , any one ever explored the option of having made to original specs ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just emailed a company in the states asking about a possible group buy....
they do custom manufactured using injection, compression and transfer molds in house.

so hopefully i get a reply..

·
Registered
888 Posts
If you can get a good price for the rubber replacement that will bolt directly to an original Whaletail shell then I would be interested in 1/2 dozen or so.

Dan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts