SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 900 Turbo S, 3 door, and my door window external weatherstrip is badly damaged, really cut and lacking a piece.
Search for a new one on Internet was unsuccessful, so I need to know if there is some alternative.
I'm in Brazil, and any good clue will be very appreciatted.

Thanks a lot.
Valter

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
It is'nt the metal that scratches the glass, it's the dry mud and dust off the window that's wound down and ingrained into the strip/bits that cover the metal(extra pressure point) as only the corners would mark not the who 3/4"+, as if you remove the strips you probably won't find any damge to seal as it's been washed away a long time ago
P.S have pair of perfect 3dr windows and seals of a 59k car :lol:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The Woolies strip is OK, but not perfect. I've used it myself. It is not so rigid as the OEM strip, lacking the metal moulded-in strip. It has a reinforced plastic rib instead. It also does not have a strip that covers the clips, which is not a problem if you have the later, non-scratching clips. But you can see the clips through the glass because they are not covered. Black paint on the clips cures this problem. You do need a bit of ingenuity to use it because it does flex and can look wavy. The clips they supply are not suitable. Use the original if possible. They are stainless and should be OK. Early clips were too long and scratched the glass after a while unless you ground them back. Later clips were modified and OK. The biggest source of scratching is, as Alwin says above, grit getting embedded in the flock surface that contacts the glass. It's best to clean this off periodically if you can be bothered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts