SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I get to 3000 rpm when going 70 mph. Is that normal. The reason for the question is -- My Nissan Altima gets to 3000 rpm when going 80 mph.

2. Does the Saab shudder (shake) for a brief second when U start it? The dealer said that it was normal. Again, My Altima doesn't do this.

Sorry for Using the Altima as a comparision car. That is my first car and the only one for me to use as a reference point.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
aplogon said:
1. I get to 3000 rpm when going 70 mph. Is that normal. The reason for the question is -- My Nissan Altima gets to 3000 rpm when going 80 mph.

2. Does the Saab shudder (shake) for a brief second when U start it? The dealer said that it was normal. Again, My Altima doesn't do this.

Sorry for Using the Altima as a comparision car. That is my first car and the only one for me to use as a reference point.

Thanks for all your help.
Hey,
I just joined up with this forum and saw your post.
My opinion is the shudder is due to the boxer engine. I notice it more on shut-down and have asked a couple other 9-2X and WRX owners what they think and they figure it is the way the boxer engine shuts down. That is, the loads or horizontal rather then vertical that the suspension would asorb more. Sound good to me.. Sounds normal for this car..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Every car has different gearing. My MR2 Spyder would be turning 3,500 RPM @ 70mph in 5th gear. Whereas my 1986 Olds 442 that I had in college turned 2,500 RPM at the same speed. Don't worry about it :)

As for the "rough" start up/shut down/idle - it's normal for a horizontally-opposed motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts