SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through some old posts, found a few other bits of info i was after aswell,

Some data: Saab CIS cold start injector at ~9.2 lb/hr (89 cc/min
Was looking for the standard injector rating which i guess is a bit more than the cold start injector.

piggy-backed onto the existing WOT switch at the throttle body
Anyway using the overpressure switch what kinda psi do you want the 5th injector to kick in at? And is it easy to tap into the WOT switch as i was going to set the injector to come on only at WOT & a certain psi.

I was thinking 5th injector before water injectors on the inlet piping so it's further away from the throttle housing, i guessed the inlet air would have a better ability to absorb the fuel before the water is injected into it.

I'll also have the water injectors kicking in at the same boost level, any problems with that? I could use the overboost switch in the car to have 2 different triggering pressures but i was just going to keep it in place and up the trigger level a bit.

Finally, with all of the above (+ the other bits) is 17.5psi too much boost?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Si, wait until after the IRRDD to see what bhp/torque A/R ratio etc etc you are running in the T8....

once you have got all your figures from the dyno you will know.......
both me & nutcase were running "rich" at WOT

so you might not need a 5th injector set up just yet ;) (over 200bhp then yes you will)

but if you do I'd say have it kick in at 1 bar/14.5psi same goes from W.I.

"edit" 17.5psi/1.2bar :cool: :cool: its lovely in a T8

HTH Paul

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5th injector

It's going to be on a switch with the APC mod so won't be running all the time anyway, i'll prob plumb it in just to get it sorted while the car is hubless rather than having to mess it all again at some point. I wont be running the WI most of the time either, mainly once i start tracking it or if i want to scare a few 330i's/Porsches:cheesy:.

I just figured while it's on axle stands may aswell try to get as much done as poss, all the 5th injector will take is a few quid on fuel line and someway of splitting the cold start injector line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts