SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I recently bought a Saab 93 Vector Sport Estate 2L (08). Had a cold snap recently and I had real difficulty starting it. It eventually fired and drove fine, but problem kept repeating and the engine warning light came on. With a very heavily pregnant wife I took it straight to the shop, as I didn't want to be that guy whose car doesn't start when it really needs to! They run diagnostic and found error codes PO638 and P0300. They cleared the codes replaced fuel filter checked coils. Problem persists. They also noticed unburnt fuel on plugs, potential over fuelling issue? They can't go any further with it but reckon it might be ECU issue. Battery is fine... do I need to replace ECU, if so how expensive is this?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Have them check the compression with the engine cold, ie, let them keep the car outside overnight. Dollars to donuts you have low compression in one or more cylinders caused by soft intake valves. Very common problem in ‘07- 12 model years. There is a whole thread in the top of this forum on intake valve issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Windsor, thanks for the above... will turn your dollar for donuts into pounds for pies! Will keep you updated with progress...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts