SaabCentral Forums banner

Rough running 2005 Saab 9-3

393 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  MPLsaab
Trying to figure out why this saab barely runs. It cranks forever and hard to start. When it starts, it will run normal for a second but rpms start to fall and it will misfire randomly. When I fully press the accelerator pedal it barely crawls to 5mph. Sometimes the exhaust will backfire and it will Rev up in neutral and clear out but rpms will fall and there is almost zero throttle response. Gas milage is horrible like 8 mpg.

I've completely thrown the parks cannon at this car. So far I've checked compression. 200psi across all cylinders. Smoked tested and did not see any vacuum leaks, Replaced timing chain thinking it jumped a tooth, it has 40-50 psi at the fuel rail. New fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, crank sensor, spark plugs, coil packs, new oem o2 sensor, battery, ecu, throttle body, maf sensor cleaned and replaced.

Oddly enough I put fresh gas in it and it ran great for a week. The battery died and it starting running rough again.

No check engine codes except p0300 random misfire and fuel system too lean.

I don't want to throw more parts at it but idk what else it wrong with this car. Any help
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts