SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 93 that runs very rough at cold start (not necessarily cold outside, summer or winter) runs smooth after a short time. Any ideas or should I try the dealer, the car is technically under the powertrain warranty.

What have your experiences been with warranty issues of this sort? The car was a program or lease turn in purchased from a GM dealer. I'm guessing I will have to go to a Saab dealer for service, I'm wondering how I will be received, not purchasing the car new from Saab.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was experiencing the same thing when I had to disconnect the battery to charge it properly. Lo and behold when I reconnected it the rough idle after start went away. The computers probably got reset and that's all it needed. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys, I had also considered plugs, but would think that the problem would continue when warm.

The ecu reset sounds possible, it seems and smells like a rich condition, possibly fuel mapping that a reset would fix? I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Running "very rough" at idle sounds like a vacuum leak. Check your fuel trims with a scan tool if available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts