SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a million little things I'm wondering about my car. I'm just kind of tackling them one at a time.

I am having a unique idle situation. It's not particularly bothersome to me, but I'm wondering if I should be bothered by it.

It's been really cold around here. Between like 10ºF and 30ºF in the mornings. When I start the car (93 9000 CSE + TCS) it idles just fine for about the first 2 or 3 minutes, then as it starts to warm up the idle gets all rough. If I watch the tach, but you don't even have to watch the tach to know what is going on, the engine dips to almost stall, then it revs and brings itself back to life, and then the thing repeats again. Then it runs fine for 5 or 6 seconds, and then does it's little almost-stall again.

Strangely enough, if I just let it go, after a couple more minutes it's all fine.

So to review -- cold start, runs fine, starts to warm up, idle gets rough, keeps warming up, everything is fine again.

I think I'm just way paranoid at this point, so mostly I'm just looking for somebody to tell me it's fine.

But what do you think?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds like you have the cold start the went out.....It is located between the fuel injectors (in the middle of the four)and under the air intake manifold...you can see it with out takign anything off... you have to get it by reaching behind and under the intake....Simple job.... not that bad to repair....

Saabster47.......

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Could it be a faulty temp sensor?
I always thought that cold start injector is made for easy starting. It sprays like during the cranking, alleviating the start(so ou don't have to press throttle). After the fact of start, I thought that cod start injector doesn't do anything, and then it is totally up to the IAC to regulate the amount of incoming air...

If you press the throttle and keep it at particular rpm, does it fix it?
First thing, when is the last thing you looksed at your spark plugs?

KLim

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes, temp sensor. cause it has three modes of values. cold, half warm and hot. so the half warm isnt doing ok at yours.
its, as said, located between the first and second fuel injector.

or, try another DI cassette. and / or release the batterie for a while, so the ECU resets.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, the car sat for awhile before I purchased it too, so I was just trying to blame it on bad gas. A car sitting for 3 or 4 months is hardly long enough for the gas to go bad though.

Anyway, I haven't noticed it nearly as bad the past couple days, but I will watch and if it's still doing it I'll look into the temp sensor. Thanks a bazillion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts