SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 2.8T Aero Manual.
16000 miles.

Idle is rough and the car has the check engine light on. Has anyone had this problem before. Also performance is poor as I took it for a ride around the block. Seem as if its in limp mode.

I called it in for service for Tuesday, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Any ideas?...
Yeah, get the code read at an auto parts store for free.

Rough idle sounds like a possible vac leak.
But, boy, there's a long list here without additional data.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm in the same boat and I've done quite a bit of reading in order to determine the problem. Over the weekend my CEL began flashing and the car would idle rough in neutral or park. So, yesterday I changed the SAI valve and my plugs hoping it would solve the problem. But I encountered the same thing. Today I'm going to have the codes checked again and if it's still related I'll probably change out the SAI Pump. Wish me luck! I'll try my best to follow through with my findings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SAI would not cuase an issue like this, SAI is a emmisions system that only operates in the first 30 seconds or so of start up, it pumps clean air into the exhuast. Fouled plugs could result in such a problem tho.

I second the vac leak, this is a very commom cuase for such syptoms.
Like stated before , take the car to autozone and have them read the code for you for free, then start the trouble shooting proccess.

Good luck:cheesy:

·
Registered
266 Posts
facing similar issues...albeit intermittently (currently once a week). Persistent code pull out for P1681 - TPS2 connection to ECM. Possible TPS2 faulty (at throttle body) or wiring from TPS2 to ECM is not good. Haven't gone around to change anything yet cause the workshop isn't sure what to chage....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts