SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the rubber antenna on the top of my 2003 Vector is starting to rot. There is a large crack making it's way up the side and the rubber looks very worn out by the elements. I live in Northern Cali so the weather isn't extreme at all. Anyone else with this problem? I called parts and it's $253 !!! Not including labor.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty 2 years ago. The rubber/plastic had just perished. It depends on what your does? Mine is a dummy, these I am sure you can buy cheaper and I have read it is something that can be done by a careful DIYer. Try getting SAAB to cover 1/2 the cost. They know there is a problem and a part like that should last the life of the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Vectorama said:
I just noticed the rubber antenna on the top of my 2003 Vector is starting to rot. There is a large crack making it's way up the side and the rubber looks very worn out by the elements. I live in Northern Cali so the weather isn't extreme at all. Anyone else with this problem? I called parts and it's $253 !!! Not including labor.
Looks like the quoted you the onstart antenna. the dummy antenna is only $38.60

Do you have onstar? if so do you use/need it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't use the OnStar. I will call them and see what they say about covering the cost. I have been off warranty for 4 months.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Be sure to tell them that SAAB knows there is a problem with this piece. It was a manufacturing problem and that it is SAAB Europes policy to change with no questions.... They don't know any better, you are only saying what you have been told ... they should agree.. they spend millions on advertising and a little good common sense wont cost them much.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DavidMorgan said:
Be sure to tell them that SAAB knows there is a problem with this piece. It was a manufacturing problem and that it is SAAB Europes policy to change with no questions.... They don't know any better, you are only saying what you have been told ... they should agree.. they spend millions on advertising and a little good common sense wont cost them much.
I spoke with my dealer and he is looking into it. He said he would take care of me and call me next week since they didn;t have it in stock. He gave me the impression that it would be covered, but didn't come out and say it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update. My SAAB dealer replaced my Onstar antenna at no charge. I am even 5 months off of warranty. Gotta love the service.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had mine replaced under warranty as well. The weather stripping around the rear glass is doing the same thing now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Vectorama said:

Same thing going on with my antenna!! Crack and all, I am going to fill in the crack and then get a can of this stuff...
The plas-dip that you can spray from a can.
I have tried this stuff on a piece plastic and it seem to work fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts