SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently picked up a 1990 900 Turbo convetible with a 5 spd. I'm hoping to get answers to little minor irritating issues. First dash lites - apparently there are two for the speedo cluster - the one on the right works, but not the left. How do I get to it to replace it?

I seem to be throwing grease from the driver's side CV boot. Does that sound like something simple like a boot replacement?

There's an on/off switch centered behind the emergency brake. I turn it on and off and nothing seems to happen. What's it for?

Electric seat heater(s) (leather) doesn't work. Is that normally just a switch replacement?

Are new ignition switches easy to come by and install? I'm using a stub of a key - previous owner said key isn't broke off in there, but I can't get a key to go down in there......or is it even worth messing with? I could start it with a screwdriver.........

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
bulldawg said:
Hi,

I recently picked up a 1990 900 Turbo convetible with a 5 spd. I'm hoping to get answers to little minor irritating issues. First dash lites - apparently there are two for the speedo cluster - the one on the right works, but not the left. How do I get to it to replace it?Remove the left speaker grille (two small torx screws and a metal clip) - you will be able to twist off these little bulb holders from the back of the cluster

I seem to be throwing grease from the driver's side CV boot. Does that sound like something simple like a boot replacement?Take care of this ASAP - if you take it apart and it's not worn, you can just repack it with grease and reboot it. If it is worn, you should replace. Every day it is open to the elements is another chance for dirt/grit to get in there and ruin it, especially come wintertime.

There's an on/off switch centered behind the emergency brake. I turn it on and off and nothing seems to happen. What's it for? could be for an alarm, like a shock sensor maybe. Not sure.

Electric seat heater(s) (leather) doesn't work. Is that normally just a switch replacement? usually this is caused by breaks in the heating coils in the seats themselves. This requires replacing the units, which requires taking the leather off the seat. Not too expensive.

Are new ignition switches easy to come by and install? I'm using a stub of a key - previous owner said key isn't broke off in there, but I can't get a key to go down in there......or is it even worth messing with? I could start it with a screwdriver.........Search the forum using the advanced search, there are a lot of thread on this, it is a common failure on these cars.

Thanks in advance.
Cheerselkparts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts