SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just recently started to appreciate Saabs as I see them throughout L.A., but have only as of late begun to actively search in buying one after being rear ended and being left with a totaled car.

Since Saab dealerships dont exist anymore and the state of Saab is in a limbo, do you think the cost of parts would be more expensive if my car would need repairs?

Also, do any of you have recommendations on the newer 9-3's such as around the 04-07 range in terms of reliability. I've also been looking at the 9-2x in that time period.

I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the 9-2x were only produced for 1 and half years from 2005 to 2006, in regards to those, they are much harder to find and will be price much higher where you can get a 05 ARC for 7k (here in texas) a 05 Aero (9-2 only came in a Lin and Aero trim) your going to pay upwards of 11k. As for parts since the 9-2x is just a subaru impreza with a face lift you need not worry. i've been looking at both as well but i decided on a 9-3 main because of price i was able to find one 9-2 in texas for 13k over 100 miles from me or a 03 9-3 lin 4 house down for 3k from me which do you think i would pick :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have 2 9-3's and they are both awesome.

The 03, being the first year for the model presented a few bugs, but they weren't major (window regulator and SAI pump were common issues). Had it for two years, bought it for 7k in 2010 with a shade over 100k miles and Auto trans.

Liked it so much that I bought an 04 5 speed with 125k miles for 3800 and drives absolutely great and is in great shape. I'm constantly getting new stuff for it and haven't really had an issue with parts, except for the OEM suspension stuff which is really hard to get, but I was getting a new kit anyways.

Right now you can find hella deals on these cars depending where you're at, but get a manual so you dont run into tranny problems (not that theyre an issue...theyre just more reliable). As long as you take care of it right, it WILL last ;ol; nothing else drives like a saab.

look at your options and see what you can do!

·
Registered
218 Posts
i can't personally speak on the reliability of the 9-2 but i have owned a subaru before and there was nothing i could do to kill that car, my friend has an 06 wrx and he hasn't had any major problems with it

·
Registered
435 Posts
The 9-3 has been good to me! 2004 with 170K miles and climbing. I definitely agree that some suspension parts (springs) are hard to find, but there are a significant amount of mechanical parts that are shared with other GM cars, so with a little research, you can usually find what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts