SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone know what a reasonable price to pay for roof racks is for the 9-2x? I'm in SF, if you could point me to a shop that'd be much appreciated too!

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
doggfood said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know what a reasonable price to pay for roof racks is for the 9-2x? I'm in SF, if you could point me to a shop that'd be much appreciated too!

Thanks
Depending on exactly what you want, I'd say you're in for anywhere from $400 - 600 for a decent system. As far as where you can buy, there are a numerous places on like. The best thing to do is figure out exactly what you want, and then do a search for prices on froogle.com or similar. My recommendation is to go with the Yakima or the Saab factory Thule (it's a different one than the normal US thule stuff).

·
Registered
84 Posts
rjc1976 said:
Depending on exactly what you want, I'd say you're in for anywhere from $400 - 600 for a decent system. As far as where you can buy, there are a numerous places on like. The best thing to do is figure out exactly what you want, and then do a search for prices on froogle.com or similar. My recommendation is to go with the Yakima or the Saab factory Thule (it's a different one than the normal US thule stuff).
I purchased the saab factory rack. I tried quickly test fitting it once and found that the feet did not sit entirely flush with the roof but seemed very stable. I will try fitting it again shortly and let you guys know how it went. This base rack can be obtained from much less than $400.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oops, the price I mentioned would be with the extras (ie bike rails, ski holders, etc). Yes, the base rack should be a lot less. I think my base rack ran me about $200. You can see a picture in the Yakima thread that is going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prices

Thanks folks for your help. I ended up calling a few dealers and the Thule roof rack system (just the racks) can be had for $170 (listed price in Saab catalog). You may be able to get a discount from the dealer you got your car from...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts