SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to get my roof syncronized today, and they said after doing it they still couldn't work it without the tech II. They said they would look through the micoswitches, so I gave them a go ahead. Well this is what they tell me after I tell them they're done cause they're charging me too damn much money looking for a problem that doesn't even keep the roof from going up and down.

Problem not in the program, Code B1605. They substituted one of their computers and it didn't fix it. So they checked the "accessible switches" (takes them 2.5 hours to check accessible switches, what *******s) and they were OK.

I told him to stop because the rest of the switches would require removing the side panels and apolstry, blah blah.

My problem is that at set intervals things stop going. For instance, say you're putting the top down. The glass raises up, and then stops. So if you move the switch forward and back again it "tricks" it into continuing and it raises the tonneau cover like normal.

What could be going on here?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DO NOT GO INDEPENDENT ON A ROOF.

This is my horror story for roofs. My roof went up and down fine, but OBVIOUSLY needed synced because it would stop and wait at set intervals. I took it to an independent who when asked if they had experience on my top he said, "yeah, tons." So he spends an hour "syncing" it and decides thats not the problem and wants to look for a microswitch. I say yeah sure, so he spends 2 hours looking and doesn't find the problem. Says he checked everything but the "inaccessible switches", charges me 180USD for his 2 hours. I take it from him and tell him I'll just keep doing it the way I've been doing it.

A few days later I go to open my roof, WON'T open. I call the guy, irate, he makes it out to my fault and says he can't put it back into "intermittent working condition", he wants it for a "few days". I go yeah sure. And call my local Saab dealership. Who tells me it will take them 1 hour to diagnose it, and the total bill will probably be 3-400USD. I make the appointment.

Well today was the appointment, they have it for an hour and call me to say that the microswitches are all fine and all it needs is to be programed. Gee who would have thought!! In 3 hours they are done, and my top works perfectly now.

I'm thinking I'll call that guy up and if he doesn't refund my money, I believe I have sufficient evidence to take him to small claims over my 180USD.

Bottom line, only your Saab dealership has the ONE person in your country that can actually fix your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts