SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone help point me in the direction as to where this wire should live ? It runs up the right (passenger) side of the radiator/intercooler

Secondly, I am missing the fuse for the SLS valve ... what is this ? Do I need it ?

1995 Aero, MT

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
could someone help point me in the direction as to where this wire should live ? It runs up the right (passenger) side of the radiator/intercooler

Secondly, I am missing the fuse for the SLS valve ... what is this ? Do I need it ?

1995 Aero, MT

View attachment 268628 View attachment 268629 View attachment 268630
Does your compressor clutch even pull in when the ACC system calls for cooling? Reason I ask is because of a couple of things I think I see - it may just be the angle of the images you posted:

1. It doesn't appear that the blue lead is even connected to the yellow pigtail lead for the clutch. They are normally connected within that white plug/socket assembly that is clipped to the top of the compressor case:
100_4685.jpg

2. You don't see that type of terminal (the one at the end of the blue lead) used anywhere else in the engine compartment. Also, the blue lead is run up to the connector in a hard plastic conduit. Again, something specific to the compressor power supply - at least in that area.

9CD197AE-62E2-4E0F-8B8B-CEAD21F7FDFC.jpeg

The wiring diagram shows a blue lead coming from the AC compressor relay and connecting to a yellow lead that goes directly to the compressor clutch:

AC - comp & fans Schem.JPG

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chengny, that was it exactly, thanks so much. The two different colored wires confused me, and I thought that yellow was just a ground wire.

Anyone know what the SLS valve is?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Chengny, that was it exactly, thanks so much. The two different colored wires confused me, and I thought that yellow was just a ground wire.

Anyone know what the SLS valve is?
Secondary Air Injection Valve. You don't have secondary air injection so disregard the lack of a fuse.

If you had the system - in addition to the fuse - you'd have an SLS relay in that same fuse/relay block. Also, behind the LH headlight there would be an air pump and the valve.

62530088.JPG

324Relay, secondary air injection, in main fuse box in front of the battery.
325Secondary air injector behind the left- hand headlamp.
326Secondary air injection pump, behind the left-hand headlamp.

Description and Operation
In certain markets the engine management system is equipped with a secondary air injection system. This consists of an air pump and a valve.

Both these components are controlled by their own control modules, which ground relay 324. The coil of this relay is supplied with current from distribution terminal 159. The relay contact is connected to distribution block 75.

To get the catalytic converter working as soon as possible after a cold start, ambient air is pumped into the exhaust manifold where the oxygen in the air starts a chemical combustion process.

When the engine has started, secondary air injection pump 326 starts and boost pressure control valve 325 opens the connection to the exhaust manifold.

The function is time and temperature dependent. The boost pressure control valve closes and the pump stops after a maximum of 80 seconds or when engine temperature reaches 65 °C .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts