SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last few days I've been driving the 81 turbo sedan to/from work while landcruiser is undergoing some major steering work, and I noticed that the power is seriously lacking plus it was sounding like there was a continual vacuum 'leak'. Well I had a look once I got home from work and sure enough, I found this:

flickr page

I think this might also explain why the car has heaps of issues when in boost. :cool: And when climbing grades especially when I have the transmission locked into 1st gear (it's a 3-spd auto - gotta replace that with 5-spd manual!) and I'm driving up steeply graded bits of the dirt road to/from the house.

With luck now it should drive better when I go to work in the morning.

Craig.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
one of the major disadvantages of the early 8 v's .....

NO CAT

hahaha that is gold

good points c900, I didn't think of it like that!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Those little red squirrels are a PITA too. I found a bunch of nuts in the engine tucked away on my 9-5.

Also a few years ago I had some squirrels try to make a home in one of my c900s.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Dad's 95 Ford Ranger had grey squirrels munch his wire harness at the firewall. It would have been interesting to hear his comments (Army TSgt, construction mechanic and crane operator for many years) when he found it. How do you plan on celebrating making "ace" status? Make kabobs out of the kills?:lol: On a serious note: at least in the southwestern US and northwestern US, Saudi Arabia and a few other places, found the ultimate bait-peanut butter!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts