SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,408 Posts
Welcome to one of the issues that those of us opposed to an Internet Sales Tax screamed about. The SCOTUS broke the Internet - only Congress can fix it.

Whether that happens is not so much a political or party question but one of whether the vendors with a large internet presence have more money to spend on buying Congress vs. the vendors with a local-only presence. My money would be on the Internet vendors but I haven't seen a lot of strong movement in that direction regardless.

EDIT: There's another possible solution, which is that payment processors and new tax service vendors crop up who handle every local sales tax in every community across the country and sell that accounting service to internet vendors. I view that as a more likely scenario. It will cost us more for both taxes and now the service, although some payment processors will probably just blend it into their products. However, it's exceedingly complicated as even the states tax different products and services in dozens of different ways just within a state... now add every local jurisdiction with a sales tax. Unfortunately the SCOTUS completely ignored this issue in their decision (which was not a "bad" decision based on what they decided on, they just ignored this key issue completely).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Shouldn't be that big of a loss. I always check them, and they're more expensive. In fact in the past 10 years they only got one order from me.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shouldn't be that big of a loss. I always check them, and they're more expensive. In fact in the past 10 years they only got one order from me.
That is not the case for parts for my Genesis 5.0. They have a ton of parts at great prices compared to the other shops I tried to order from.

So where are you shopping at?

·
Registered
153 Posts
So where are you shopping at?
I usually check Advance auto, Ebay, Amazon, Rock Auto when shopping and go with the better deal. Ebay and Advance are hard to beat when they do their coupon code promotions.

Last month I had to buy struts for my MIL's Kia. Surprisingly Auto Zone was the best deal on a name brand set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts